This searchable database currently includes lesson plans aligned to the NC Essential Standards, as well as activities for use in school, after school and extra-curricular settings. To ensure compatibility, files are available in PDF format. You must have Adobe Reader installed to access the materials, which is available for free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
We are currently working to fix the “Registration has been disabled.” error message. If there is a specific lesson you would like to access, please email CarolinaK12@unc.edu with the lesson title and we will fix the link or send you a PDF ASAP.
Directions for Searching Lesson Plans
When entering the database, a master list of all lesson plans for all courses available will be visible. Click on the lesson title to open and/or download it. Files that have an accompanying Power Point presentation will have a PPT icon to the right of the lesson title. (When you see a lesson title repeated in the master list, it is because there are versions of that lesson aligned to more than one course.)
To narrow the initial list of all lesson plans to a particular course and/or a particular topic, you can:
- View only the lessons plans aligned to a particular course by selecting the appropriate check box under “Courses”
- View only the lesson plans aligned to a particular topic by selecting the appropriate check box under “Topic.” (Please note that if you ONLY select a topic and do not also select a course, the list you populate for the selected topic will include lesson plans for several different courses.)
- View lesson plans aligned to a particular course AND a particular topic by selecting one check box in each category.
- Users can only select ONE course and/or ONE topic at a time.
- Looking for a particular lesson title? Use the “Search this Site” box at the top of the page. Enter a word from the lesson title you are seeking to populate a matching list. (Please note this feature does not search through all the lessons for matching content; it only searches for matching words in the lesson titles.)
- To start a new search, click on the “Lessons” link in the top bar of the Database or unclick all of the check boxes you have selected.
Directions for Searching Activities
Similar to the directions for searching lesson plans, upon selecting the Activities button below, a master list of all activities available in the Database will populate. Use the “Grade Level” or “Activity Topic” check boxes to narrow down your search. Users can check one “Grade Level”, one “Activity,” or both a “Grade Level” and an “Activity” at a time. Use the “Search this Site” box at the top of the page within the Database to search for a particular activity title. To start a new search of a different grade level or topic, click on the “Activities” link in the top bar of the Database, or un-click the check boxes you have selected.
Questions, Issues, and/or Feedback?
If you encounter issues or have any specific comments (needed improvements or positive experiences), please let us know. You can click on the “Feedback” link in the top banner of the Database, or e-mail your questions/issues to Paul Bonnici.
If you cannot find the lesson you are looking for, are unable to open a file, would like to request a Word or PPT version of the PDFs in the Database, or have a particular topic request for a lesson plan or activity, please send a message to CarolinaK12@unc.edu.
Ready to search the database? Click one of the buttons below, or use the menu bar at the top of every page. Happy Teaching!